MARKETING TIP #144
Why Google Doesn't Like You
Google's search prowess is second to none. With a 80%+ market share, Google is still the search engine that we aim to please. Their sole goal is to help users find exactly what they're looking for...and find it fast.
We often get questioned by marketers and executives about why their website isn't the first listing on a Google search. Most people who ask this question are not happy about their ranking in Google search, but they don't know what to do about it.
This brings me to my point about why Google doesn't like you or rank you as high as you think you deserve.
There are several reasons:
There are many other items to be considered in optimizing your website so that Google does like your site. But, correcting these five will get you started.
- Not keyword rich: You don't provide enough keywords in your website copy and in your source code. You don't give Google enough of a reason to take you seriously. So, they give you a low score.
- Not enough credibility: You don't have enough valid backlinks into your site, which tells Google that no one thinks you have credibility or should be taken seriously. Increasing your backlinks is important to Google.
- No Alt tags: You may have lots of photos but you don't give the search engines copy to read about your photo. An alt tag is the little window that opens when you mouse over a photo. Since Google can't search a photo, your alt tags are important in describing to Google what's in the photo. Google likes knowing what's in your photos and gives you a higher ranking with alt tags.
- Old content: When Google searches your site every 2 - 3 months and doesn't find anything new, the search spiders are reporting back that you're static and boring. So, keep your site fresh and up-to-date.
- No social media: Google loves the dynamic content that is created on Social Media Networks. You'll see an immediate bump in your ratings and rankings with Google when you start using Social Media as part of your digital marketing.
In addition, you should take advantage of our Google Adwords Campaign Offer that will get you started in Web Marketing and show you the power of having Google as a partner, not as an adversary. Click here to learn more about the offer or email me today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to you soon,
President - North Star Marketing
Award-winning Author, Speaker
CEO Advisor for Sales & Marketing