MARKETING TIP #138
Should You Give a Tweet about Twitter?
So, if you're still giving an "eye-roll" about the value of Twitter...listen up.
Twitter has just celebrated its 4th birthday with over 20 million unique visitors per month. That's a lot of tweeting going on.
And, in addition to Twitter, here's what else is going on:
- 100 million blogs
- 1.3 million blog posts daily (18 per second)
- 100,000 new blogs daily (2 per second)
- More podcasts than global radio stations
- 250 million active Facebook users
- 50 million LinkedIn profiles
- The average social network user is 37 years old.
- LinkedIn, with a business focus, has a predictably high average user age; 44
- The average Twitter user is 39 years old
- The average Facebook user is 38 years old
- The average MySpace user is 31 years old
- Bebo has by far the youngest users, as witnessed earlier - an average age of 28
Twitter is easy, it's free and it's making a huge change in how people communicate. It's a format of private to public (you to your followers) and a communication of one to many. It's immediate, short (140 characters), and to the point. You can build a community and gather followers and also follow whoever in your industry interests you.
So, if it still sounds like the domain of college students, young professionals and those who should "get a life," you may be right. But, then again, you may be left behind.
Talk to you soon,
President - North Star Marketing, Star Speakers
Award-winning Author, Speaker
CEO Advisor for Sales & Marketing
for our Marketing Tips