The 4th R: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Ready for the fourth R of eMarketing? Not so fast; let's review the previous three R's first and how they work together to optimize your site's effectiveness.
We discussed how to look for insights that REVEAL valuable information about your site's presentation to visitors and search engines. These insights help us understand how to REWARD your visitor with content, games or loyalty programs that are meaningful and match the Visitor Profile Segment (VPS.) The reward is what keeps visitors on your site so we can RETAIN them for the conversion, your ultimate goal. That brings us to the final R: RESPECT.
Bottom-line: you build your brand with RESPECT for every visitor.
Every visitor has the ability to affect your brand beyond three core visitor behaviors: research, shopping, and self-service. The increasing number of online social outlets, like blogs and community sites, enables a visitor to create, share and influence others more quickly and intensely than ever. Be aware.
Here's a checklist to use when reviewing your site for RESPECT components:
- Understand your brand's personality and copy voice - be consistent throughout the site.
- Make sure information is easy to find.
- Keep language easy to understand; the average person reads at an elementary level.
- Be specific. For example, the number 447 is more credible than rounding up to 450.
- Promote your offer, not your product or service; your offer should include your product and services.
- Make it easy to respond, whether in person, by phone, mail, email or landing page. Responses lead to valuable conversions.
Each of the four R's rely on the others to make a successful website. The better you understand what your site REVEALS about its visitors, the more meaningful their REWARD will be, the more your RESPECT for them shows, the longer you will RETAIN their interest in the ultimate goal - Conversion.
Building a web marketing roadmap is made up of many different components. Identifying the best route that will provide better business success for your needs is challenging. North Star Marketing has been building brands through integrated Marketing & Communication strategies since 1989. Consider North Star the next time you review your marketing roadmap.
Take advantage of our free web evaluation; give us a call at 717-392-6982, ext. 100 to set up an appointment or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's grow your business,
Vice President of Interactive
for our Marketing Tips